Earlier this month, outbloom was announced as a finalist at the prestigious UK Search Awards, across six categories for our work with clients and a coveted best agency award.
outbloom was launched just 18 months ago, so to receive recognition in the way of being finalists across all of our entries is a major achievement and milestone. It’s a testament to the reasons why we created outbloom; to provide outstanding work that drives real change.
outbloom is a director-led performance marketing consultancy for e-commerce brands and private equity. Co-founders Julia and Mark created outbloom following long tenures at digital agencies. Having led performance marketing teams within multiple network agencies, working across multiple clients such as Aesop, Converse, Tommy Hilfiger, Playstation and Chloé, they believed there was a better way to activate performance media. All too often, they saw clients not performing at their potential due to lack of training, inexperienced teams and layers of internal politics.
outbloom was created as a simple solution for brands who want to get the best out of their performance media from small, highly experienced teams. You won’t find layers of dispersed teams whilst paying a high fee to work with junior talent. When you work with us, from strategy to activation, you will be working with director-level consultants, providing transparency, outstanding attention to detail, and complete honesty.
Get to know about outbloom here
We’re thrilled to be nominated across six categories in the UK search awards:
- Start-Up Agency of the Year outbloom
- Best Use of Data with Welcome Skate Store
- Best Use of Search Retail/eCommerce with Arena Flowers
- Best PPC Campaign with Arena Flowers
- Best Use of Search – B2C with Arena Flowers
- Best Low Budget Campaign (PPC) with Welcome Skate Store
One of our campaigns which we’ve been nominated for was for our work with Arena Flowers, the UK’s #1 rated ethical florist.
For Mother’s Day 2023, our objectives were to drive D2C non-brand revenue growth of 25% YoY at a 400% ROAS through paid search. In a fiercely competitive, price driven marketplace, the challenge was to deliver on our targets whilst maintaining profitability. As an ethical retailer, Arena was not prepared to compromise on quality in a race to the bottom line.
It was clear that we needed to take a larger share of the market this year. To do this, our strategy was to target an underrepresented demographic who had the potential to swing to a purchase at Arena Flowers, whilst continuing to expand their established audience. Our focus was on:
- Campaign segmentation. To get control and target an underrepresented demographic, we had to speak differently, and offer something different to our established audience. Segmenting campaigns enabled us to highlight offers and free delivery to a more price conscious demographic whilst maintaining Arena’s eco credentials to our established, quality driven audience.
- Agile Bidding. There’s no one size fits all approach, and letting Google loose with auto bidding meant limited control. Our segmentation allowed us to tailor our bidding targets based on cohort CVR.
- Protect AOV. Promoting Arena’s offer was crucial, but safeguarding AOV was essential for profitability. We attracted clicks with discounts but optimised the on-site experience to ensure higher AOVs.
- 541% ROAS (vs. 400% Target)
- Increased year-on-year revenue by +31% (vs. 25% Target)
- Increased AOV by +7% year-on-year
See more of our case studies here
What Being a Finalist in the UK Search Awards Means to outbloom
We couldn’t be more thrilled to be a finalist across all six of the categories we entered. outbloom was created as an accessible solution for brands looking for innovative solutions and experienced partners for their performance marketing. The UK Search Awards are our first awards since founding outbloom and to be in the finalist up against many of our peers that we admire at such a prestigious event is a milestone that we’re exceptionally proud of, and testament to our values.